Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mid Year Resolution...Blogging! This Fall...



Well, blogging doesn't seem to be my strong suit but let's try again...
Colin is nearly 17 months old. He's growing up quickly and is a very happy boy!

Colin began walking on July 4th weekend. He's been loving the freedom!
The challenge, now, is getting him to walk in the direction I lead rather than the one he's inclined to go. We'll start working on this and I imagine with age, he'll get used to it!

This week begins the Fall semester for Bible studies and school!
Colin begins Mom's Day Out (MDO) next week. We're praying he does well. It'll be a good time of socialization for him and a nice time of relaxation/getting things done for me! Colin doesn't do THAT well when we leave him in Sunday School or with babysitters (he eventually calms down...), so we are praying he adjusts well to his teachers and loves them and the class!

I'm teaching the Turtles class this semester at Friend 2 Friend, the women's Bible study at my church. The kids in the class range between 17 and 24 months. The last few semesters, I've worked in the Butterflies class which is a 11-16month old class. I enjoyed Butterflies and I'll miss that age group, but it will be fun to try a different class! Also, my own little Colin will be in my Turtles class which will allow me to spend a little more time with him than away from him seeing that he's starting MDO this semester. I'm looking forward to working in the class with the kiddos I worked with last semester, teaching with my friend Kelly again and studying the Bible with a great group of ladies after F2F!

We're looking forward to making lots of memories this semester!

4 comments:

  1. Darling, I'm adding your address to my favorites, therefore you are contractually obligated to continue blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Keep it up!
    Not that there's anything wrong with your background, but if you want to change it sometime, there are some cute ones at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- hee hee!! :) That's funny- but kind of super necessary for me :)
    Catherine- thank you for the tip! I'm still figuring this whole thing out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for blogging! Thanks for coming over the other day! I am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete